Decorating Den Systems, Inc. Online Privacy Page
At Decorating Den Systems, Inc. (“DDSI”), we respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. You are always welcome to visit our site and browse without giving us any personal information. We need personal and related information, however, if you choose to contact us about decorating services or franchise opportunity.
What information does DDSI collect? How do we use it?
How do we use it? If you choose to contact us about decorating services or franchise opportunity, we will need to know specific information about you to personalize our response and to respond to your needs.
When you choose to contact us regarding decorating services we request contact information (name, street and e-mail addresses, phone number, fax number), and demographic information (zip code). We ask you how you heard about the DDSI web site, and about your background and tastes (free time usage, favorite decorating styles and colors, rooms that you are interested in decorating). We also ask you to provide us with any other information you would like to tell us about yourself. We use this information to enable us or one of our franchisees to contact you, for feedback related to our web site marketing activities, to personalize our response, and to allow us to better service your needs.
When you choose to contact us regarding franchise opportunity we request contact information (name, street and e-mail addresses, phone number, fax number), and demographic information (zip code). We ask you how you heard about the DDSI web site, and about traits you believe best describe yourself. We also ask you to provide us with any other information you would like to tell us about yourself. We use this information to enable us or one of our marketing representatives to contact you, for feedback related to our web site marketing activities, and to personalize our response.
Whether you are contacting us regarding decorating services or franchise opportunities, we ask whether you are interested in scheduling an appointment with a local DDSI consultant for further inquiry, and whether you are interested in more information about franchise opportunities with DDSI. We use this information so that one of our representatives may contact you and respond to whatever questions you may have.
Any demographic or profile data collected on this web site is used to tailor experiences at our site, and to display and distribute content in which we believe web browsers, potential clients, or potential franchisees might be interested.
From time to time, DDSI runs contests and promotions on the web site in which we ask visitors for contact and demographic information similar to that information noted above. When you enter a contest or request consideration related to a promotional feature, we ask for contact information so we can administer the contest and notify winners or so we can administer the promotion. Please refer to the Contest Rules for further information.
We may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important changes to the web site, new DDSI services, and special offers and information we believe you might find valuable. If you would rather not receive such information, please contact us through one of the means identified in the Choice/Opt Out section.
How Does Decorating Den Systems, Inc. Protect Consumer Information?
Whatever customer or personal information DDSI collects is protected by in-house procedures designed to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Please note that customers are given the option to transmit credit card information in order to make purchases from the DDSI library. When we ask for a credit card number we transmit that credit card number in an encrypted format. We use industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. While we have taken steps to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be one-hundred percent secure. DDSI does not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Will Decorating Den Disclose Information It Collects to Outside Parties?
DDSI does not sell, trade, or rent customer or personal information to others. We may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties, but you can request that we do not do so by following the procedures as outlined in the Choice/Opt Out section. DDSI may aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related web site information. Such aggregate statistics become the property of DDSI and may be provided to reputable third party vendors. The aggregate statistics will not include personal identifying information.
Privacy of Minors
DDSI does not have special interest areas for minors, although together, parents and their children are welcome to browse our web site. We ask that minors not submit any personal information and to use the DDSI web site only when in the presence of a parent or guardian. DDSI will immediately cease communication with and destroy all information obtained from a browser if it becomes known that the browser is a minor.
You may opt out of receiving communications from DDSI at the point where we request personal information.
Similarly, you may contact us to request that we remove personal information about you from our databases by any of the following means as set forth in Contacting Decorating Den Systems, Inc.
If you contact us and ask us to remove personal information about you from our databases, you will not receive future communications from us.
Correct or Update Information
You may use any of the contact options as described below to change or modify information you have previously provided to DDSI.
Tell Us What You Think
DDSI welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send your comments via any of the three methods described in Contacting Decorating Den Systems, Inc.
Contacting Decorating Den Systems, Inc.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of DDSI related to this site, or your interaction with this site, you may:
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send mail to the following postal address:Decorating Den Systems, Inc.
8659 Commerce Drive
Easton, MD 21601
- Call us at: (410) 822-9001
- Privacy Compliance Person. DDSI’s Privacy Compliance Person (“PCP”) is its Chief Operating Officer. The incumbent is James B. Deerin. The PCP is responsible for DDSI’s overall compliance with PIPEDA; also, to provide Canadians with access to personal information about them in the possession of DDSI, to receive complaints about the inaccuracy of such information, and to correct such inaccuracies if such change would not interfere with the rights of others. DDSI’s PCP will also assist Canadian Decorating Den Interiors franchisees and DDSI’s Canadian franchise broker to establish and implement their respective PIPEDA Privacy Policies.DDSI’s PCP can be reached as follows:By mail:
Decorating Den System, Inc.
Attn: Corporate Counsel
8659 Commerce Drive
Easton, MD 21601By telephone: (410) 822-9001 ext. 228
By email: email@example.com
- Access to and Challenge of Personal Information. A Canadian may gain access to personal information about himself or herself in documents in the possession of DDSI by placing a request to the PCP. If the requesting person finds the information to be inaccurate, he or she may request the PCP to correct it. The PCP will correct inaccurate information if such change would not interfere with the rights of others.
- Records Retention Policy for Personal Information. DDSI generally will review its document filing system and remove and destroy documents containing personal information in inactive files within a minimum of four years or a maximum of seven years after such files become inactive, provided generally that documents containing personal information may be destroyed when no further contact with such person is anticipated. DDSI’s policy with respect to retention of computer files is under review.
- Security Safeguards for Personal Information. DDSI’s paper files containing personal information about Canadians who inquire about a franchise opportunity are stored in file cabinets maintained by DDSI’s Franchise Development Department and by either the Vice President of Franchise Development at his office at Waco, Texas, or by the Canadian Franchise Broker at his office at Surrey, British Columbia. The only persons having access to such files are, in the case of files maintained at DDSI, employees in the Franchise Development Department, of which there is one, or in the cases of the respective Vice President and Broker, then such individuals.
DDSI’s computer files containing personal information about Canadians who inquire about a franchise opportunity are accessible by all DDSI personnel at corporate headquarters.
DDSI’s computer files containing personal information about Canadians who inquire about decorating services are accessible by all DDSI personnel at corporate headquarters, by the Canadian franchisee to whom the candidate is assigned and by the Manager of such franchisee.